3.15.2012

From the South

Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

Being from the south meant when the opportunity came to take over this goat farm I jumped on it. Sure I’d lived in Manhattan for years but I was really itching to do something good for the soul, to work with my hands and not look back. So anyway, here I am raising goats and looking up farmers markets to sell my meat and cheese on my satellitestarinternet.com internet connection – it’s a totally different life out here than the one I was living. I think it’s amazing being part of something bigger than just a company and I love that I get to do something tangible and that I’m tired at the end of the day. Not many of my friends from New York can relate to this side of me but that’s okay – they’re there for a different part of me, the city side, and I have farmer friends who I can talk to about this kind of stuff. The best part is that I’ve got fresh goat cheese around anytime I want it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment